Working with AdvisorPR
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Why should I invest in PR for my financial advisory firm?
Targeted and consistent public relations campaigns work to:
- Integrate your message into news content
- Create immediate exposure & lasting credibility
- Reduce barrier of resistance with prospects
- Add to your online searchability
- Establish you as the expert
- Create a tool you can showcase over and over again
Am I qualified to be a media resource?
Criteria we recommend for being most effective in our PR programs:
- Ethical integrity—we are dedicated to amplifying voices committed to doing right by their communities
- Professional designations can be helpful, but not necessary
- At least 5 years of experience to feel confident answering media questions
- Securities license recommended
- Clean broker check – marks on your record may preclude you from certain media outlets
How does compliance work with public relations and marketing services?
Our team is known for our experience and expertise in the financial industry. All materials we create for you will be provided both for your input and approval, as well as your compliance submission prior to completion.
After working with a wide range of compliance officers, we have a strong understanding of concepts like promissory language and other red flags to avoid in our content to help streamline the approval process.
For our PR programs, a media kit or materials will be provided with approved topics of expertise for you and compliance to pre-approve before outreach begins.
What’s the difference between PR and advertising?
Our PR programs are built to secure earned media resource opportunities where you will be sourced as an expert within an editorial story related to your expertise. These are not paid appearances, advertorials or any other kind of pay for play. Using media logos in this manner creates significant liability for your firm. Our authentic placements provide the highest level of authority and credibility.
For more on this topic, read our blog, “You’ve heard of fake news…what about fake PR?”
How much time is involved for me to participate in PR programs?
Our programs are designed to be completely turnkey with minimal time commitment on an ongoing basis.
Month 1 we will have a kick-off call to gather all the needed background we need to create your media materials. Once reviewed and approved, it is just a matter of being available to accept and schedule interviews!
- Completes proactive outreach to consistently secure opportunities aligned with your expertise
- Provides talking points and media coaching as needed to show up for your interviews prepared
- Tracks and shares your story when it runs
- Offers strategies to maximize and leverage your placement
Do you work with companies outside of the financial industry?
AdvisorPR is exclusively dedicated to the financial industry; however, we have relationships through our parent company that serve all industries, including:
- Food and beverage & consumer brands
- High-profile executives & celebrity personalities
- Healthcare & non-profit
- Technology brands & beyond
Contact us to see how we can be of help.